page 1
page 2
page 3
page 4
page 5
page 6
page 7
page 8
page 9
page 10
page 11
page 12
page 13
page 14
page 15
page 16
page 17
page 18
page 19
page 20
page 21
page 22
page 23
page 24
page 25
page 26
page 27
page 28
page 29
page 30
page 31
page 32
page 33
page 34

21Posting PolicyResidents may not affix any signage, handbill, sticker, advertisement, decoration, or other covering on any common walls, the exterior of the room/apartment door (building corridor side) or on the interior of the room/apartment window(s) with wording or designs facing the outside. A clip is affixed to every room/apartment door for personalization or items distributed by Residential Services staff.For permission to post on Residential Services' bulletin boards or to leave fliers on desk countertops, residents must submit a copy of their flier or advertisement to the Assistant Director for Community Development (Whittier Hall, Suite 1B) or the Residential Services Coordinator (Bancroft Hall, 101) to be stamped and approved. Radiator CoversRadiators are present in Bancroft, Grant, Sarasota and Whittier Halls. Radiator covers are not provided; they can be purchased at most local hardware stores.RecyclingIn accordance with New York City's Recycling Program, all of our buildings provide receptacles for recyclable items. These receptacles are located in each basement or on the individual floors. Use clear bags, bins labeled "mixed paper" or any bin with the "NYC Recycles" green decal to recycle paper and cardboard. These items include:. Newspapers. Magazines and catalogs. Phone books and paperbacks. Smooth cardboard and cardboard tubes. Paper and envelopes. Pizza boxes (empty). Notepads. File folders. Cardboard boxes. Shredded paper. Paper bags. Paper/cardboard egg cartons. Corrugated cardboardUse clear bags, bins labeled "bottles and cans" or any bin with the "NYC Recycles" blue decal to recycle beverage cartons, bottles, can, metal and foil. These items include:. Milk and juice cartons/drink boxes. Glass jars and bottles. Plastic bottles and jugs. Wire hangers. Foil products. Metal cans and lids. Empty aerosol cans. Household metal itemsContinued

22RecyclingContinuedItems that should not be recycled:. Take-out containers. Soiled paper cups and plates. Batteries. Paper towels and napkins. Light bulbs. Plastic and wood hangers. Ceramic and glassware. Mirrors. Yogurt containers. Plastic caps and lids. Styrofoam. Plastic rings. Plastic wrap. Plastic cups and straws. Deli and salad bar containers. Plastic bags. Plastic toys. Broken electronicsRenter's InsuranceAll residents are encouraged to obtain renter's insurance to protect against loss of personal property resulting from theft, water, or fire damage. Renter's insurance is available from many insurance companies for reasonable premiums, typically under $200 per year. Most policies, in addition to providing you with coverage for property losses, will also provide you with some personal liability coverage. The College is not liable for any damage to belongings in your apartment, regardless of the cause. Each tenant is responsible for protecting his/her own property through insurance coverage. Two of many companies that offer renters insurance to students are National Student Services, Inc. or CSI Insurance Agency,Inc. These agencies are not affiliated with Teachers College. We encourage you to explore many options to make the most informed decision. Residency RequirementsA Resident may remain in housing for the following periods of time, depending on his/her degree program: MA/MS students up to 2 years; MA/MS students whose degree requires 60 credits or more up to 3 years; EdM students up to 3 years; EdD/PhD students up to 6 years. Residents continuing in subsequent programs or returning to Teachers College housing after a break in stay, are entitled to the maximum number of years for the highest degree program for which they register (i.e. residents who use two years for an MA will have one additional year for an MA/MS (requiring 60 credits or more) or an EdM, and four additional years for an EdD or PhD program. Students who use three years for an MS (requiring 60 credits or more) or EdM will have three additional years for an EdD or PhD).Continued